June Consulting Specials
Personal Statement Consulting
I get so many requests for me to quickly review statements this time of year, so for month of June I am offering a 50% off 24 hour turn-around special for personal statement consulting using code JUNESPECIAL. This is a great deal for those who are submitting applications this month and would like critical advice from a professional who works in the field. With this special initial consults are only $50 and $25 for followups.
Slots are limited and fill quickly. Offer ends June 27th.
Want in? Here's how to redeem this offer:
- Add personal statement consulting to your cart and proceed to checkout
- Use promo code JUNESPECIAL to receive your discount and purchase
- Send your personal statement as a .doc or .docx file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't send as a PDF or image.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Schedule a time to receive your statement at https://calendly.com/patrice-worthy so I know when to return it to you. You may not schedule less than 24 hours in advance. Skipping this step will delay when your statement will be returned to you.
- Sit back, and wait for feedback. You will receive comments on your Word document critiquing content, structure and tone, along with minor revisions on grammar and syntax.
- If you need to do it again use the additional review option and apply the code again.
I've helped so many future physicians, dentists, veterinarians, physician assistants, and pharmacists; I'd love to help you.
Want to know if I can help you before you commit? Use this form and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Control your narrative
When it comes time to apply, there are some hard facts about your professional school application that you can't change. Your GPA is what it is. Your test scores and experiences are what they are. Your personal statement, however, can morph how you and these aspects are viewed. Therefore, it's super important to understand how you come across and control your narrative so that you are seen in the best possible light.
Crafting your own story takes time. Having someone who understands the process who can help you do this is invaluable.
Navigating the landscape of editing services
If you are lucky, you have a great advisor who will review your statement and understand what is required for your application. But what if you don't? Editing services are an option, but many employ ivy league students as staff, as if that directly correlates to being able to effectively evaluate a personal statement. Meeting qualifications to get into a top school doesn't necessarily mean you're working with a good editor, or someone who even knows what an admissions committee is looking for. This leaves services that are given by former admissions staff, which can be prohibitively expensive.
What about family, friends, and other professionals?
Family, friends, and other professionals are great resources for editing, and you should utilize them. However, because they know you well they may overlook important details about your narrative. Professionals in your field will understand generally the content you need, but may be too far removed from the admissions process or may not have the time to dedicate to properly review your statement.
Who I help
I provide consulting services to those applying to medical school or any other health professional schools (pharmacy, dental, veterinary, etc.). I specialize in post-baccalaureate and non-traditional students, who may have issues to explain, or unique circumstances, but also work with undergraduate students or those who are not currently enrolled in school. I have sat on admissions committees and intimately understand how applications are evaluated and viewed. I will show you how to turn your statement into a compelling narrative that will supplement your application, not act as a hindrance.
Who I don't help
- People applying programs not related to science or health professions (not my area of expertise)
- Anyone who wants someone to write their statement for them (hello honesty and integrity!)
- Applicants who statistically may have an extremely hard time getting accepted (I'm not here to take your money)
I get results
Results, especially from those who were in your shoes, are important. Here are what people have said about my services:
“Thank you so much for your help with my personal statement. I would not have gotten into medical school without you.”
— M. B., PCOM class of 2020
“I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for all of your help in my medical school application process. I would not have been as successful or have been accepted without your help and contribution, and for that I am forever grateful.”
— N.K., WSOM class of 2020
Personal statement consulting is $100 for statements up to 5300 characters. This includes:
- A detailed, constructive critique of your statement with suggestions to improve structure, content, and tone
- Minor revisions for grammar and syntax
- 48-hour turn around
- Peace of mind
Any additional revisions for the same statement are $50.
Are you ready to save some time?